Yes, diets help to support your figure. But have you ever considered eating to support your brain?
Most of us have heard that we only use 10% of our brains but this is not true. We actually use 100% of our brains. We use 10% of our brain for voluntary control. The remaining 90% directs involuntary control used to breath, control blood circulation, control our hearts, and digest food. Therefore, we use 100% of our brain and every nerve cell counts if we want to maintain our health.
Unfortunately, modern food processing techniques reduce our food of vital nutrients critical for health. Storage and shipping of fruits and vegetables can even sap them of their nutrients. Many commonly used over-the-counter and prescription meds deplete the body of nutrients. Moreover, as the body ages production of antioxidants slows down, leaving us more vulnerable to free radical attack.
Eating a whole food based diet align with taking vitamin, essential fatty acid and antioxidant supplements can fill the nutritional gap and help maintain optimal mental and physical health. Spices can also enhance your brain chemistry, increase metabolism, and improve overall health. They have also been researched in their effects on slowing down the ageing process.
Listed below are common spices and what they can do for you:
Anti-inflammatory: rosemary and basil
Dementia-fighting: cumin and sage
Obesity-fighting: cayenne and cinnamon
Sugar-regulating: coriander and cinnamon
Calming: lemongrass, nutmeg, bay leaves, saffron
Heart Health: garlic, mustard seed, chicory Skin Vitality: basil and thyme